REVISION & AND-EK GHES... (ARSENAL EDITION)
(Revision & And-Ek Ghes... (Arsenal Edition))
Philip Scheffner, Co-Regie AND-EK GHES...: Colorado Velcu,
D 2012 / 2016,
Direction: Philip Scheffner, Script: Merle Kröger, Philip Scheffner – D 2012, 106 Min. + 36 Min. Extras
A documentary turns into a cinematic REVISION. Like a puzzle, the film puts together the facts around the death of Grigore Velcu and Eudache Calderar at the German-Polish border in 1992. Scheffner composes an increasingly disturbing pattern of landscape and memory, witness testimonies, documents and investigations. The police files contain the names and adress of Grigore Velcu and Eudache Calderar. However, their families never even got to know, that a trial had been held.
Direction: Philip Scheffner, Colorado Velcu, Script: Colorado Velcu, Merle Kröger, Philip Scheffner – D 2016, 94 Min.
AND-EK GHES... continues an extraordinary collaboration between the co-directors Philip Scheffner and Colorado Velcu. It began with the film REVISION (Berlinale, Forum 2012): The attempt to establish a common cinematic space between protagonists, filmmakers and the audience has now, three years since, been enlarged. The camera duplicates itself; besides the filmmaker’s, there are one, two, three cameras that wander from hand to hand.
Awards and Festivals
- REVISION: 62. Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin 2012 / 42. Internationales Forum des Jungen Films 2012
- REVISION: Bester Dokumentarfilm – GoEast Filmfestival 2012
- REVISION: Fritz-Gerlich Filmpreis – Filmfest München 2012
- REVISION: Award of Excellence – Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival Japan 2013
- REVISION: Bild-Kunst Schnitt Preis – für die Montage des Films REVISION 2013
- AND-EK GHES...: 66. Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin 2016 / 46. Internationales Forum des Jungen Films 2016
- AND-EK GHES...: Nominated for “Best documentary” – German Film Critics Award 2017
- AND-EK GHES...: Nominated for “Grimme Award” 2016