Photography and beyond – Part 22
About the film
The film juxtaposes/compares two museums: The Museum of Art, Ein Harod, Israel, which Samuel Bickels (1909-1975) built there in 1948, and The Menil Collection in Houston, Texas, built by Renzo Piano (b. 1937) 1986 . The method of natural lighting in Bickels‘s construction was the direct model for Piano, who adopted for his construction at the request of its patroness Dominique de Menil.
The shooting of the film TWO MUSEUMS / TWO MUSEUMS took place in March 2012 in Houston, Texas, and in May 2012 in Ein Harod, Israel.
Awards and Festivals
- International Film Festival Rotterdam 2014
- Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen 2014
- Jerusalem International Film Festival 2014
- Doclisboa International Film Festival Lisboa 2014
- VIENNALE Vienna, Austria 2014
- First Look Festival at Museum of the Moving Image, New York 2015
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC 2015
- Ungefähr 1.120.000 Ergebnisse (0,82 Sekunden)
- Berkeley Art Museum 2016