VIA INTOLLERANZA II (CHRISTOPH SCHLINGENSIEF - DVD EDITION)
(Via Intolleranza II (Christoph Schlingensief - DVD Edition))
"Why are we always told to help Africa, as we can't even help ourselves? How can the One-World-Dream come reality, if we denounce parts of it as The Third World?" Christoph Schlingensief
With his theater and art actions, as a filmmaker and opera director, Christoph Schlingensief (1960 – 2010) shaped cultural and political discourse in Germany over two decades.
“Via Intolleranza II” was his last play, performed with artists from Burkina Faso, where his
“Opera Village Africa” lives on as his legacy to this day.
Schlingensief’s figure praises himself on stage as the founder of the “Opera Village Africa” and defames himself as a colonialist and missionary out to teach the poor about culture. The rest is an African cultural program and Western navel-gazing on the level of a promotional tour aimed at opening the audience’s wallets. An excruciating balancing act between morality and reality.
2 DVDs - Content:
- „Via Intolleranza II“* (German premiere at Kampnagel, Hamburg, 05/23/2010, 94 min.)
- „Via Intolleranza II“ (Theatertreffen Berlin, 05/22/2011, 99 min.) - no subtitles
- „Kandy Ethnologist” by Meika Dresenkamp (2010, 3 min.)
- „Opernszene” by Meika Dresenkamp (2010, 4 min.)
- „The African View” by Lionel Poutiaire Somé (2010, 42 min.)
- Introductions (Wien, 06/14/2010, 12 min.)
- Casting in Burkina Faso, Christoph Schlingensiefs POV (2010, 11 min.)
- Interviews with the Ensemble (footage by Sibylle Dahrendorf, Michael Bogár, 2010, 11 min.)
- Arno Waschk Portraits Christoph Schlingensief (2010, 4 min.)
- The Opera Village in Burkina Faso (5 short films, 2010–2014, 43 min.)
CHRISTOPH SCHLINGENSIEF – DVD EDITION
to be continued
Christoph Schlingensief @ Filmgalerie 451