MOTHER'S MASK (CHRISTOPH SCHLINGENSIEF - DVD EDITION)
(Mutters Maske (Christoph Schlingensief - DVD Edition))
Who shouts is right!
"Harlan shows these odd bourgeois conversations, Fassbinder as well. Everything is floating in this dull german atmosphere. This fog. Or soup!" Christoph Schlingensief
With his theater and art actions, as a filmmaker and opera director, Christoph Schlingensief (1960 – 2010) shaped cultural and political discourse in Germany over two decades. His fourth feature film, “Mother's Mask”, is the ultimate remake of Veit Harlan's Nazi melodrama “Opfergang” (“The Great Sacrifice”, 1944).
Upon returning home, Willy von Mühlenbeck must realize that his evil brother Martin has ascended to the head of their industrialist family – and that his ill mother is now in the grips of sinister doctors. When he falls in love with their terminally-ill neighbor Els, fate takes its tragic course.
Content / DVD:
- „Mother's Mask" * (1988, 16 mm, 80 min. – restored film, 2K Scan)
- Alexander Kluge in conversation with Christoph Schlingensief* (1996, 24 min.)
- Christoph Schlingensief – Interview* (2004, 7 min.)
- Dietrich Kuhlbrodt – Interview (2015, 13 min.) - no subtitles
- Christoph Schlingensief tells Hitchcocks „Psycho“ (1997, 13 min.) - no subtitles
- Schlingensief – film trailer - no subtitles
CHRISTOPH SCHLINGENSIEF – DVD EDITION
to be continued
Christoph Schlingensief @ Filmgalerie 451